Pune is one of the biggest city of Maharashtra, but most of the famous attractions of Maharashtra are in the proximity of Pune. Pune has a bag full of amazing weekend getaways from majestic forts to thrilling adventure sports. Many forts are located at a high altitude, so you can also get a taste of trekking near Pune.
About the trek
Tikona fort is one of the most picturesque forts in Maharashtra. It is also known as Vitandgad fort as it was the nerve center of many activities of Malwa Pawna regions. The small hamlet close to the fort is Tikona Peth. The major attraction of the fort is its majestic entrance. Apart from the architectures, the fort also encloses a lake, Satvahan caves and the temple of Trimbakeshwar Mahadev. Trek through all the difficulties and reach the top to witness the breathtaking view of Pawana dam, Kothligad, and the beautiful valley.
An expert guide will assist you through the whole trek to make your trekking experience memorable. You will also be served breakfast and lunch during the trek. Try the Pithala Bhakeri from the local cuisine.
How to reach:
Transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai and Pune to Pune is also included in this package.
Departure/Return Point: Kamshet Railway Station OR Deccan for Punekars And Dadar railway Station for Mumbaikars.
Departure Time: 6:00 am (Please arrive 15 min before the departure time).
Details on this Activity
- For Pune Participants: Departure at 6 am. From Pune (2hrs journey for base village).
- After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the base village of velhe. Breakfast
- Start the Trek by 9:30 am.(3 hrs trek).
- Reach fort by 1 Pm.
- Enjoy the view of the surrounding, Balekilla, machi, temple, etc.
- Lunch (veg) – 4 pm.after descending.
- Start the return Journey towards Pune/Dadar Railway Station by 5 pm.
- Reach Pune by 7:00 pm.
- We may come an hour early or late.
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories.
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune OR Lonavala to Lonavala
- Meals during the trek (1 breakfast
- 1 lunch)
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Basic First-Aid kit.
- Fun and Learning experience with 100% safety.
- Local Cuisine (Pithala Bhakeri)
- The fun-filled and exhilarating trekking experience
- Source: holidify.com